Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Versions and Variations


Variations on a theme. That is what theses paintings are about. The theme? Evolution. Not evolution like the world and the begining of man, but evolution of mind and spirit. AS I work on these paintings I often get to spots I do not know what do do with yet. I refer back to my knowledge of design and try to see what would enhance the over all design, and then balance that out with the underling idea that everything evolves into something more. NOt nessacarily bettor or worse, just different. With every artwork there are sections that could be developed further and even stand on their own as a work of art.
Technology has made it possible to crop and explore vaiations of any image. So when I get stuck on a paintings I will turn my attention to my photography, or search other artist's works for inpiration for my own work. So here is a photographic images I have been playing with.

No comments: