Thursday, March 19, 2015

Where the Hell have I been

Frustration is the in ability to accept what is.
It occurred to me after a few people asked to see some of my more recent art that I had not put anything out on the web beyond Facebook in years.  Where the Hell have I been? Busy!!!! I've been living the life taking care of my family, teaching high school art full time, starting and completing graduate school, traveling in the US and Spain, Italy, France and Jamaica, painting and photographing when I can,  presenting at Art educator conferences around the US, sledding into poles, spraining ankles, loosing screws, and running into deer with my van. You know, all the joys of daily life!

So on that note, ill put some not seen in a long time, or never seen before stuff here. While I've been doing a lot of portrait photography for people I consider that work for them. The work I post here is work for me. If someone just happens to like the art enough to buy it that's a bonus.

Calligraphic and Reduction Prints


             




Color Experiments










I did this experiment with my high school art and photo classes to explain 2 things. 1 - HOw rain is formed. 2 - Basic Color Theory and pigment distribution. Yeh, sounds complicated and in-depth but really we just played with water, shaving cream and food coloring and took pictures of the results as they were happening.

This of course inspired me to paint. I used some of the images I took as a foundation to get started, but of course the painting takes on its own life in the process of its creation.



1 comment:

TheAccessories said...

Awesome Post Admin.... I really liked the way you wrote this article...

Also check : The Art Accessories