Friday, December 05, 2008

A View of Alhambra

A View of Alhambra originated from an image I photographed in 2004 in Granada, Spain. This place of earthenly beauty and seeminly spirital energy has been a place of inspiration for me since the first time I explored there.

Georgia O'Keeffe once said that "Nothing is less real than realism.... Details are confusing. It is only by selection, by elimination, by emphasis, that we get the real meaning of things."

The Alhambra has such gradure; that to try and capture its entirety is overwhelming. It is the way the paths all lead to another, to another area of beauty and serinity; to another covered walk, arch and window. It is a unique blend of water, earth and man.

Most of what I paint comes from my responce to locations, people, events and thoughts. My camera is my tool for documenting of the original beauty as my eyes saw it. My brush is my tool in illustrating how my soul felt it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

this piece is really nice! it has this 3D effect and its really good!

Emily said...

really nice painting ! check out my drawigns http://ohwowsorandom.blogspot.com/2009/08/artsome-drawings-from-long-time-ago.html

Ayame said...

Hey there,
Just wanted to let you know you can sell prints through deviantart.com :) Right now, they're having free shipping worldwide on all their prints. This promotion is bringing in a lot of customers, which means more money for the artist! Perhaps you'll even see some prints from underground artists around the globe you'll want to purchase as well :)

Amarjeet said...

Hi, I love your blog, is beautiful

vintage collectables
vintage home decor

Arts cad said...

Nice Art.
Art exhibition
Art Gallery

Arts cad said...

Great post...
oil paintings
original oil painting

Arts cad said...

Its look great.


Buy painting
Buy contemporary painting

Arts cad said...

Thanks for creating and sharing!

Buy artists posters
Buy painting posters