Sunday, July 15, 2007

She comes from water


The more I work at this one the more she grows beyond the original sketch made in my book. This painting has become more about composition now as I continue its construction.
All the main elements are present and now it's about balance and details. The details of edges, balanced parts, separation of what is to be truly abstracted, and what has to be realistic. Where is the light coming from? Does it have to be coming from only one location? How many figures can I include in this one solid creature? How many faces will be revealed? How many ghosts will be seen in the background? Is there movement, contrast, variety, unity, rhythm and of course, is there balance?
This "figure" rises from water and is tied to it.
[Maybe it's not that it's tied but more nourished by the water] All the while she is inside of an egg (or is that an orange water droplet) that floats in a water world.
As I zoom in on details I can not help but continue to think on the purpose and symbolism in this work. Through it all I can not overlook the positive energy I have in painting it. The colors in my head radiate brighter and with greater intensity than I can paint. Maybe I should Photoshop it?

No comments: