Thursday, January 18, 2007

Purple In Progress



"Purple" is still in progress. I am not yet satisfied with its values and textures. In the photograph it appears more harsh than as I see it in the studio. Seeing the painting on the screen helps me to reevaluate my intentions for the work. I think as artists we often can get so sucked in to what we are doing that we loose site of the total composition. I began this one, as with the other monocromes, with a few lines using the pure color. From there, each line becomes its own form and grows. Then each form has to find where it fits in, around, and through the others.

While I have become entranced with the monochome series, I am still wooking on Evolution of Herstory, some photorestoration and other digital projects. What can I say???? That's what drives me.

No comments: